Thursday, April 3, 2008

New artists to join the Peephole Project lineup!

Hi everyone!

First of all, I have approved this morning the final version of the Synoptic view created by Mr Q! I think it looks great and it is pretty simple to understand! Q will be sending me the files shortly so as soon as I receive them, I will post pictures in here!

Today, I have received the confirmation of 3 artists that will be joining the project as "freelancers" in a way (which means that they will do their part and move on to something else so they probably won't be posting in here or anything...) All 3 of them work with me at Ubisoft Digital Arts and they all do some truly great stuff!

- Alexandre Gagné (Set modeler / Lighter / Texturer /Art Director; UDA) will join the team to model the environment. We have looked at reference images for the look of the trees and the general ambiance in the forest and here are the ones that stood out from the rest (even though a few other images are being widely considered).









- Katrina Tung (Texturer; UDA) will start to work on color testing for the characters on the main drawing that I have of all 5 characters together.

and last but not least,

- Magdalena Dadela (Character modeler / ZBrush artist; UDA) will join the team as a character modeler and will most likely work on the Little girl model.
That's it for now! Goin' to sleep... tired...!!!
See y'all!!
MatDuf

3 comments:

Adam Goldstein said...

Last but definitely not least!
I know Magdalena from her posts in Zbrushcentral under the name Intervain (which I never understood - what does it mean?). She does great work and I'm happy we at last have a competent modeler on the team :) Anyhow welcome everyone and let's have fun creating this wierdo

Magdalena said...

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome :)

Intervain is an acronym and nobody but myself knows what it means ;)
Looking forward to having fun with the little girl!

Adam Goldstein said...

It's not fair that when a man says he is looking forward to having fun with the little girl he gets the police called on him and he has to explain to his girlfriend ("No she's a MODEL") and then his girlfriend leaves him too.

On a more silly note, come to the pub with Max after work today! Six thirty at the st. Elizabeth...