Saturday, April 19, 2008

Two pieces for the drum set

Hi all,

Here are two pieces for the drum set.
I was aiming for the concept of "everything cheap that has a whole in it will do"...

Tell me what you think of it so far.

A barrel:



A trash can, oscar the grouch style :)



A possible settings (looks pretty lame now, I know, but it will probably get better after I add all the clutter around it...)



Have a happy Passover everybody :)

Yanir

5 comments:

Magdalena said...

hehe that'll be a funky drumset! I like the trashcan though some of the edges in the middle seem a bit too soft and rounded for a metal container...

MatDuf said...

Hi Yanir!

That's a good start! I think that Magda is right about the trashcan having too soft edges but we won't have a close-up of it in the project so personally, I think it's fine! (what do you think Magda?)

The barrel is cool but I would like to have something to close it so that it can be used as a true bass drum. Could be a rusty / broken colander or a car mag or something else that you can come up with! look at the original reference for more ideas!

Speaking of which, on that drawing, one of the objects is a tire with a piece of leather nailed to it! Something like that for the second bass drum would be nice! I would also like to have a few pieces of a true drumset. I think it will make it very interesting and will also help in making it instantly recognizable. I think that probably 20 to 25% of his equipment should be genuine!

Yanir Kleiman said...

Of course the barrel would be covered, I just didn't figure out what to close it with yet :)

I am definately going to follow the concept drawing! The drums in the back just seemed a little indistinct and kind of boring, so I thought what we could put over there.
The tires are next on my list...

I didn't realize there are supposed to be any real drums in the set, so I'll work on that too.

Magdalena said...

ut we won't have a close-up of it in the project so personally, I think it's fine!

you're right - it was just the anal modeler in me talking ;) I agree though, there's no need to change it!

MatDuf said...

I'm pretty sure you know that but just for the record, the real pieces should be indeed real but also quite broken / dirty!