Hi Galit! A rather obscure piece of musical instrument knowledge is that a bass guitar has 4 strings...thus, this is the bassist, not the guitarist which has the cool skull rastas things going :) :) Other than that - great great job, lots of cool ideas - Mathiew and I like the power outlet thingy - we can use it on the guitarist either as a tongue on a jawless mouth (thus explaining the rag covering his mouth) or as a hair that he controls...I would go with the tongue. The sequence with the magician and the cane is quite nifty and I would expect it to make it's way to the final :) I've come to really like the cane as a device that the magician uses. Great job
I will just add a few things on top of what Adam said!
Indeed, that character is the bass player, hence, not the main character of the band! So he will not be as excited as the guitarist but still, there is one idea that I really liked on these drawings and that's the power outlet! Like Adam said, I wouldn't use it as a tongue though! I'd just have it sticking out of his head for no apparent reason! As if that guy needed to plug his head into the wall when he goes to sleep! I think it would look pretty cool! (Adam talked about putting it on the guitarist but I'd like to keep it on the bassist. I think it fits with the metal jaw!) Speaking of which, I think that what would be cool with the metal jaw of the bassist would be if it kept "disconnecting" from one side of the head and that he always had to somehow "clip it back" on!
As for the worm tongue, that would be cool on the guitarist like Adam said! It could justify the rag that he has on his mouth.
By the the way, the guitarist cannot be jawless underneath the rag because he is also playing the trumpet / tuba / sax or whatever the other brass instrument he's holding is going to end up being.
Speaking of that, this is something that needs to be fixed from the original design of the band. He's actually holding the brass instrument in his hand which is something that he will not be able to do since he will be playing guitar. That being said, we need to find a setup that will enable him to blow in the instrument WHILE playing the guitar (have a look at the percussionist / trumpetist in Pixar's "One man band" if that is not clear! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQOZRzEDsCI&feature=related )
Finally, As Adam said, the cane sequence is most likely to be a keeper! He will definitely light up one of these trees up like that! Excellent work!
Oh and by the way Yanir if you reed this, at first I thought that the idea of flying on the cane would be too much but then, I realized that if he did it just once quickly in one of the dancing segments, it could be pretty cool!
So that's about it for this post!
Oh one more thing Galit! You once said that you would be interested in doing some colors for these characters! I would love to see your interpretation once we get there! In the mean time, I have another colleague of mine who showed some interest in doing some color research so I just wanted to tell you before it actually gets done. Personally, I would really love to see both visions and do a selection from there! Maybe even take some elements from one and other elements from the other. Anyway... My point is that I wanted to ask you if it was OK with you! I don't want you to feel as if you're competing with this other artist and also, since you already did some great work for the project, if you tell me that you'd rather do it by yourself, I will comply to this! (as long as it gets done someday! heheh)
hi Adam and Matduf! im glad u liked it even though it was the wrong character... the thing that threw me of (other than my lack of musical knowledge) was the sax, since the guy in the reel didnt have one and i figured that trying to hold a sax while doing a guitar solo would really cramp his style ;) but like Adam said, my strong points are imagination and humor so im sure i can come up with an interesting solution for it.
btw, i forgot to mention that i did the cane-sequence while watching the reel. pose 0 is right after he exits the box (the tilt up) and it continues 'till he lights up the first tree. i tried to stay close to the way he acted in the reel only with the added cane. and since u liked how it turned out i think i'll continue the sequence up to the point the cane disappears.
Yanir - if you're reading this, i tried to draw a "back to the future" move but it wasnt working for me. if u have some visualization of it in your head (and feel like doing it) maybe u can post a short sequence of how u imagine it? nothing fancy, even simple stick figures will do.
about the color - of course i dont mind if someone else does it! its great that another talented guy is joining the team and i'd love to see what he comes up with. im still interested in making some color pics, but color and light dont come easy to me and im in the middle of an artistic slump so it might take some time before i get to it.
3 comments:
Hi Galit!
A rather obscure piece of musical instrument knowledge is that a bass guitar has 4 strings...thus, this is the bassist, not the guitarist which has the cool skull rastas things going :) :)
Other than that - great great job, lots of cool ideas - Mathiew and I like the power outlet thingy - we can use it on the guitarist either as a tongue on a jawless mouth (thus explaining the rag covering his mouth) or as a hair that he controls...I would go with the tongue. The sequence with the magician and the cane is quite nifty and I would expect it to make it's way to the final :) I've come to really like the cane as a device that the magician uses. Great job
Hello Galit!
Very nice contribution once again!
I will just add a few things on top of what Adam said!
Indeed, that character is the bass player, hence, not the main character of the band! So he will not be as excited as the guitarist but still, there is one idea that I really liked on these drawings and that's the power outlet! Like Adam said, I wouldn't use it as a tongue though! I'd just have it sticking out of his head for no apparent reason! As if that guy needed to plug his head into the wall when he goes to sleep! I think it would look pretty cool! (Adam talked about putting it on the guitarist but I'd like to keep it on the bassist. I think it fits with the metal jaw!) Speaking of which, I think that what would be cool with the metal jaw of the bassist would be if it kept "disconnecting" from one side of the head and that he always had to somehow "clip it back" on!
As for the worm tongue, that would be cool on the guitarist like Adam said! It could justify the rag that he has on his mouth.
By the the way, the guitarist cannot be jawless underneath the rag because he is also playing the trumpet / tuba / sax or whatever the other brass instrument he's holding is going to end up being.
Speaking of that, this is something that needs to be fixed from the original design of the band. He's actually holding the brass instrument in his hand which is something that he will not be able to do since he will be playing guitar. That being said, we need to find a setup that will enable him to blow in the instrument WHILE playing the guitar (have a look at the percussionist / trumpetist in Pixar's "One man band" if that is not clear! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQOZRzEDsCI&feature=related )
Finally, As Adam said, the cane sequence is most likely to be a keeper! He will definitely light up one of these trees up like that! Excellent work!
Oh and by the way Yanir if you reed this, at first I thought that the idea of flying on the cane would be too much but then, I realized that if he did it just once quickly in one of the dancing segments, it could be pretty cool!
So that's about it for this post!
Oh one more thing Galit! You once said that you would be interested in doing some colors for these characters! I would love to see your interpretation once we get there! In the mean time, I have another colleague of mine who showed some interest in doing some color research so I just wanted to tell you before it actually gets done. Personally, I would really love to see both visions and do a selection from there! Maybe even take some elements from one and other elements from the other. Anyway... My point is that I wanted to ask you if it was OK with you! I don't want you to feel as if you're competing with this other artist and also, since you already did some great work for the project, if you tell me that you'd rather do it by yourself, I will comply to this! (as long as it gets done someday! heheh)
So just tell me what works for you!
Have a nice week!
MatDuf
hi Adam and Matduf!
im glad u liked it even though it was the wrong character... the thing that threw me of (other than my lack of musical knowledge) was the sax, since the guy in the reel didnt have one and i figured that trying to hold a sax while doing a guitar solo would really cramp his style ;)
but like Adam said, my strong points are imagination and humor so im sure i can come up with an interesting solution for it.
btw, i forgot to mention that i did the cane-sequence while watching the reel. pose 0 is right after he exits the box (the tilt up) and it continues 'till he lights up the first tree. i tried to stay close to the way he acted in the reel only with the added cane.
and since u liked how it turned out i think i'll continue the sequence up to the point the cane disappears.
Yanir - if you're reading this, i tried to draw a "back to the future" move but it wasnt working for me. if u have some visualization of it in your head (and feel like doing it) maybe u can post a short sequence of how u imagine it? nothing fancy, even simple stick figures will do.
about the color - of course i dont mind if someone else does it! its great that another talented guy is joining the team and i'd love to see what he comes up with.
im still interested in making some color pics, but color and light dont come easy to me and im in the middle of an artistic slump so it might take some time before i get to it.
good night!
Galit
Post a Comment